So is it web design, web agency or web development in Hartlepool? Is it marketing agency, advertising agency or ad agency in Hartlepool? Is it media planning, media buying or a list of services like email advertising, banner advertising, social media or Google search… in Hartlepool (of course)… or Middlesbrough… Sunderland, Newcastle. Aaargghhh!
When deciding what tags or keywords to use for your product or service it can be a minefield. Sorry… correction… it’s always a minefield.
Of course not all companies have a digital strategy or digital specialist on hand, and of course there’s always a fear of who to trust and the unlikelihood of getting some simple free advice that’s worth much (see what I did there?) So you sit down, come up with a couple of dozen keywords and the job is done. Of course the job isn’t done. Here are some free pointers (worth lots):
1. You know your products and services inside out. You’re also fluent in industry speak. Remember to think outside the box (or bubble) and connect with what Joe Blogs would search for. Chances are it isn’t what you think they would search for.
2. Don’t trust your new intern because he/she/it uses Facebook and is below the age of 22 and therefore must be qualified.
3. Use the array of Google keyword tools available at the click of a button. They’re not the most precise but give an indication and supply some extra ideas and insight.
4. Remember your SEO strategy will be different to your Adwords strategy.
5. Keywords will guide your content strategy so make it relevant.
6. Some people do offer some free advice. Call 01429 870934 or email email@example.com