So is it web design, web agency or web development in Hartlepool? Is it marketing agency, advertising agency or ad agency in Hartlepool? Is it media planning, media buying or a list of services like email advertising, banner advertising, social media or Google search… in Hartlepool (of course)… or Middlesbrough… Sunderland, Newcastle. Aaargghhh!
When deciding what tags or keywords to use for your product or service it can be a minefield. Sorry… correction… it’s always a minefield.
Of course not all companies have a digital strategy or digital specialist on hand, and of course there’s always a fear of who to trust and the unlikelihood of getting some simple free advice that’s worth much (see what I did there?) So you sit down, come up with a couple of dozen keywords and the job is done. Of course the job isn’t done. Here are some free pointers (worth lots):
1. You know your products and services inside out. You’re also fluent in industry speak. Remember to think outside the box (or bubble) and connect with what Joe Blogs would search for. Chances are it isn’t what you think they would search for.
2. Don’t trust your new intern because he/she/it uses Facebook and is below the age of 22 and therefore must be qualified.
3. Use the array of Google keyword tools available at the click of a button. They’re not the most precise but give an indication and supply some extra ideas and insight.
4. Remember your SEO strategy will be different to your Adwords strategy.
5. Keywords will guide your content strategy so make it relevant.
6. Some people do offer some free advice. Call 01429 870934 or email email@example.com
For a number of weeks now I’ve been trying to decide what to write about for my next blog post. At one point I had three ideas swirling around in my head. I just couldn’t choose. The swirl swirled so long that the ideas themselves slowed and turned stagnant.
The ideas haven’t yet been replaced.
I have a block. My juices aren’t flowing. The river’s turned to jelly. The trinitrotoluene is on the damp side. The beaver’s ran out of wood. You get my drift?
The strange thing is that my usual source for my usual ramblings (ie life) has never been busier.
The first stage of our latest site Asensio digital marketing agency has gone live. The requirements for digital marketing in Teesside, Durham, Newcastle and the Universe have never been stronger. We’ve been busy with website design and development, and there’s enough being done on the social media, mobile and search engine optimisation front too. Certainly on the SEO front! Then there’s the new bathroom I’ve just finished over the August bank holiday weekend, the children’s last week of the Summer holidays and nursing my brave Mrs as she recuperates from the curious incident of the garden fire-pit in the nighttime.
I’m sure it won’t be too long until an idea lodges itself where it should. I’m sure another blog post is just around the corner. In fact, wait a minute… well what do you know? How do I manage it?